- Beginning Collage Class. – This 2 hour class will take you through the Laura HeineCollage process. One of the reasons collage is so popular is it allows you totap into your creativity. Not to mention it a project that travels well. No needfor a machine until the last step, quilting. If you have read the instructionsand you aren’t sure where to start or you’ve seen the collages & thoughtyou’d like to learn, join us and the process will become clear and you will beaddicted.We highly recommend you chose one of the patterns listed and alsopurchase a kit. This allows you to jump right into the process. As you knowfabric selection can be the hardest part of a project, so don’t get boggeddown. Let us help on your first collage.kits will be available March 14th.Supplies:
- Kit or generous selection of scraps for background, cut-ables & underlays
- 19×23 piece of Pattern Ease
- 3 yards of 12” wide Steam a Seam 2
- #2 pencil
- Applique pressing mat. We recommend the Precision Fusing Mat. It is especially good for the small collages, as you can build your design right on it. We also like the Goddess Pressing Mat (17-3/4 x 24”). Please let us know if would like to purchase one. Serrated Scissors (recommend Karen Kay Buckley’s Perfect Scissors/Medium (blue handles). Please let us know if would like to purchase a pair.
- Cutting and ironing stations
- A few scraps to add to your creation. The kit will have enough for the collage and you can add additional, as desired, after the class, before quilting