Suburbs Quilt Class taught by Pam Hull from Sew in tune.
Make your neighborhood fit your style. Will it be bright, pastel, patterned, or solid, …?
- Suburbs pattern
- Background Fabric: A solid or subtle print. We like newsprint or words and have several to choose from in the shop. See pattern for yardage based on size you are making.
- Sky Fabric: A solid or subtle print that represents a day or night sky. We have clouds, stars, and other fabric in the shop that would be great. See pattern for yardage based on size you are making.
- House fabric: For the main sections of the house you need pieces 8 ½ wide x 10” long. For the doors, pieces are 2 ½ x 3”. We used scraps from our stash. Bring extra to trade. We will also have our scrap bags available for purchase. Try to keep pieces same/close in vibrancy, i.e., don’t put neon green with a pastel pink. Stop by the shop if you need help. See pattern for yardage based on size you are making.
- Scraps to trade, optional
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Sewing machine in good working order
- Rotary cutter and ruler (mats will be available in classroom)
Work to do ahead of class:
- Cut main and sky fabrics per pattern instructions.*
- Cut for a minimum of 6 houses and doors.* If you have time to cut them all that’s great. We even made a few extra to give us options.
- * If you need help cutting call to set up an appointment or stop by the shop.